The phrase “clean the barrel of a gun” is more or less the same as we heard when we were much younger. To increase the performance of the gun we must clean the rust from the barrel of the gun. Scraping is the best method to clean the rust of a gun barrel. However, when applying this method, the probability of bluing loss is 90%.
However, we have some methods that are better than scraping, which if followed, you can easily clean the rust of the gun barrel without any kind of bluing damage. From this article, you can learn how to remove rust from a gun without damaging bluing. This guide is going to be an ultimate guideline for you because in this article we will describe the complete method step by step. So, let’s get started one by one.
Why is bluing so important?
Bluing is mostly used in machine shops, gun owners, and those who usually do gun work. Bluing is commonly used to enhance the design and performance of guns. Sometimes when we go to clean the rust of the gun barrel we do this bluing and cleaning.
Bluing is quite expensive, so care must be taken when cleaning. You only need to spend a minimum of $ 500 on bluing. Once you have cleared the bluing, it is not wise to do it again. Because you will get the same amount of money if you sell the gun. So it is important to pay attention to this while working.
Why is it important to check the barrel?
You must check the barrel of the gun to find out why the barrel of the gun is rusty. Because if you don’t check the barrel you don’t know why it is rusty. So this matter is important. Below are some of the reasons discussed:
- Rainwater: Usually those who fight have to continue their mission in different environments. If you live in a place where the amount of rain is high then your gun is more likely to rust. If you are wet in the rain for a long time then your gun can rust.
- Bad Weather: If you use a gun during a storm or bad weather, the chances of the gun rusting are high. For this, you must not go out with a gun during such weather. Then the gun is likely to rust.
- Not caring for guns regularly: If you use a gun regularly, it is only natural that you will be less interested in cleaning the gun. So if you do not want your gun to rust, then you must try to keep the gun clean every day.
Getting Know: How To Remove Rust From A Gun Without Damaging Bluing
Step 01: Collect a steel wool
Good quality steel wool can make your work much easier. So try to collect this steel wool. Steel wool helps with more friction. The more friction there is in the barrel of the gun, the clearer it will be.
Steps 02: Wipe off the excess waste with a napkin
Wipe off the excess waste with a napkin or unused cloth. There are many benefits to cleaning with a napkin. So try to use napkins.
Steps 03: Use oil when cleaning.
There is a special type of oil available for cleaning the barrel of a gun, you can buy a bottle of oil for very little money. However, if you do not want to spend money separately, you can do the job with cooking oil.
Steps 04: Place in a dry place after cleaning
Once you have cleaned place the gun in a dry place. If you put it in a wet place again, it will rust again. So try to keep it in a dry place.
The gun is not a toy, so several precautions should be taken before cleaning the gun. With the exception of this, any kind of accident can happen. We will discuss several precautions in this section. Let’s have a look.
- Work the gun slowly while cleaning the gun. Don’t go in any kind of hurry.
- Keep your child away before or after cleaning the gun.
- Check that the gun is loaded. Otherwise, it could become Miss Fire at any time.
- When rusting, use a napkin and oil to clean well (cooking oil also works well.)
- When cleaning, check from time to time whether everything is OK.
- Try to keep the gun in a dry place after cleaning.
If you follow these rules well, you and your family will be safe.
It is important to keep the barrel of the gun clean for good performance. If you want to clean the barrel of the gun without wasting any kind of bluing, then take a good look at our blog. In this article, I have tried to show you how to remove rust from a gun without damaging bluing.
If you want to know more about this, email or message us. Thank you for being with us.